Sunday, November 17, 2013

A nice day of fishing.

Hi all, I'm not sure if anyone even looks at this anymore, but Mom and Dad always like to see pictures, so here you go! We went fishing today down on the Boise river just outside of town. It's a really neat area that I always love going to. In the fall it's especially nice because the river isn't flowing as fast and it's close to home. It's a pretty popular place, but you can always find a good spot to cast in. I hadn't taken Silas fishing in a while, so Colleen suggested we all go down today and have some fun. It was a beautiful day here, around 50 degrees and nice and sunny; a perfect day for fishing.
Silas was pretty excited, running all over the place. 

He had been practicing his casting at home for the past few days, and he was doing a pretty good job. 

 I bought these waders a few years ago and never used them until just a couple weeks ago when my friend Adam and I came to this spot.




 Silas got bored with fishing after 15 minutes, so he and Colleen went and walked around for a bit.









 He kept asking if he could walk in the water like I was, and since it was too cold to do it without waders on, I told him I'd carry out a ways.

He wanted to see how cold the water was, so I let him touch it. Then he said I should drop him in. I pretended to and he started screaming.

We were walking back to shore and there were some little fish swimming that I was trying to point out to him.


No comments: